PROJECT: SALVO OF A THOUSAND DRUMS
RATIONALE: Dinagyang is drums. As the major instrument of the festival, it shall be given a significant exposure in the celebration by way of an event that highlights the drumbeats – the rhythm, the music of Dinagyang.
OBJECTIVES: The event is expected
• To emphasize the significant role of drums in the celebration
• To create an enhanced public awareness of the “other” highlights of the festival
• To encourage drummers to improve their craft
• To provide venue for specific artistic expression of drum music
• To introduce an innovation
DESCRIPTION: A GRAND DRUMMING PRESENTATION involving all the drummers/instrumentalists of the participating groups of the drum and bugle contest, ati tribes and other select groups as a finale number of TAMBOR TRUMPA MARTSA MUSIKA (TTMM) at the Arroyo Circle, Bonifacio Drive, fronting the provincial capitol.
The TTMM parade starts from Plaza Libertad with performances at the Freedom Grandstand and the Capitol Stage where after the presentation of the last contestant all the participants converge around the Arroyo fountain for the synchronized rendition of the contest piece. The presentation shall have a musical conductor. The majorettes shall be performing at the outer periphery with the instrumentalists. A thousand balloons may be released as climax to the performance.
• Organize the drum and bugle committee with the involvement of DepEd – Province and City Divisions and the University of San Agustin to undertake the event
• Inform public and participants about the event.
o Make press release
o Call committee meeting with the contestants
• Discuss in the meeting suggestions for the activity
• Decide on a what musical piece to perform
• Designate an area around the fountain for each of the participating group
• Ati tribes and other drum groups may be invited to the SALVO
• Balloons may be sponsored by donors
• Conduct dry run of the activity
• Prepare and provide budget for the event
3 areas in Iloilo City watched for New Year violence - At least three areas in Iloilo City will be closely watched by authorities to prevent possible violence among some of its residents during the New Year rev...
14 hours ago